FAC Fred Anton Corvest is a company founded by Frederic Corvest,
a software engineer with a passion for sound design, producing first-class virtual effects and instruments
FAC AuV3 Known Issues
FAC Plugins are Audio Unit Extension, or AuV3. It's the evolution of the Audio Units V2, presented by Apple at #WWDC15 and aim to be used on iOS, tvOS, and macOS by host apps and distributed via the App Store.
➡️ Known Issues on iOS
On some device the view may be misplaced in the following hosts
- ApeMatrix by ApeSoft
- Cubasis by Steinberg (the view configuration informations provided to the plugin are too big(x2) and lead to wrong positioning)
Note that the view will be scaled in ModStep and NS2
FAC Envolver works fine as Audio fx but no MIDI OUT
In order to output MIDI messages, an AuV3 requires to be run in a compliant system (iOS 11.0+ or macOS 10.13+) and in a host providing a valid MIDI output block (AUMIDIOutputEventBlock).
Compliant MIDI Out Hosts:
- Sequencism by Rodrigo Roman Castro
- ApeMatrix by ApeSoft
- AudioBus 3 by Audiobus Pty Ltd
- AUM by kymatica
- BM3 by Intua
Note: Being a MIDI/AUDIO fx makes FAC Envolver usable in every host, even the ones that still do not provide MIDI out support, in this case the MIDI generator is disabled and the fx can be used as a standard AUDIO fx.
If you still have issues in a compliant host, check the following points.
- Have you disabled MIDI out? Both slot buttons (|1/ and |2/) are toggleable (gray muted/yellow activated).
- Have you properly set the MIDI source in your host? Fac Envolver uses a virtual MIDI cable called "Fred Anton Corvest".
- Have you mapped the MIDI CC to a parameter? Verify that the MIDI CC# are properly mapped to the parameters you want to control.
- Have you set both envelope DEPTHs to OFF? Increase the depth.
FAC Envolver - Host Transport Bar Issue when the trance gate circuit is engaged
Sequencism (known BUG): The transport bar information provided to the AuV3 plugins are not accurate and lead to desynchronization
➡️ Known Issues on macOS
FAC AuV3s not supported in a no compliant host
Read previous warning and write to the company of the host to add AuV3 support
Logic Pro X issue with the AU3 mode (Orange Exclamation Mark)
The loading in process is preferred in LPX, go to Preferences/Plugin Manager and DO NOT check the AU3 mode for FAC AuV3s