FAC Fred Anton Corvest is a company founded by Frederic Corvest,
a software engineer with a passion for sound design, producing first-class virtual effects and instruments
FAC AuV3 Known Issues
▶ Known Issues on iOS
The AuV3 plugins are missing in your host
This is very rare but some of you have already encountered the issue with AuV3s from different branding.
- Close everything, launch the companion app provided with the AuV3 extension and try again
- Ensure that your are looking in the effect section of your host, not in the instrument section
- Reboot your device (iPhone/iPad)
The knobs "duck wet" and "curve" have no effect in FAC Alteza
The knobs "duck wet" and "curve" are only visible when an additional input bus is provided by the host. Beware that some hosts may provide a muted additional input bus with no support of the sidechain feature, you will see the knobs but the ducking will be ignored. In this case, set the knob "duck wet" in OFF position.
FAC Envolver works fine as Audio fx but no MIDI OUT
In order to output MIDI messages, an AuV3 requires to be run in a compliant system (iOS 11.0+ or macOS 10.13+) and in a host providing a valid MIDI output block (AUMIDIOutputEventBlock).
Compliant MIDI Out Hosts:
- Sequencism by Rodrigo Roman Castro
- ApeMatrix by ApeSoft
- AudioBus 3 by Audiobus Pty Ltd
- AUM by kymatica
- BM3 by Intua
Note: Being a MIDI/AUDIO fx makes FAC Envolver usable in every host, even the ones that still do not provide MIDI out support, in this case the MIDI generator is disabled and the fx can be used as a standard AUDIO fx.
If you still have issues in a compliant host, check the following points.
- Have you disabled MIDI out? Both slot buttons (|1/ and |2/) are toggleable (gray muted/yellow activated).
- Have you properly set the MIDI source in your host? Fac Envolver uses a virtual MIDI cable called "Fred Anton Corvest".
- Have you mapped the MIDI CC to a parameter? Verify that the MIDI CC# are properly mapped to the parameters you want to control.
- Have you set both envelope DEPTHs to OFF? Increase the depth.
FAC Envolver - Host Transport Bar Issue when the trance gate circuit is engaged
Sequencism (known BUG): The transport bar information provided to the AuV3 plugins are not accurate and lead to desynchronization
▶ Known Issues on macOS
FAC AuV3 plugins are missing in my host
AuV3 plugins are fully supported on iOS but rather less on macOS.
Today, (as far as I know) only Logic Pro X, Garage Band, Reaper and Hosting AU allow AuV3 plugins loading.
Logic Pro X: issue with the AU3 mode (Orange Exclamation Mark)
The loading in process is preferred in LPX, go to Preferences/Plugin Manager and DO NOT check the AU3 mode for FAC AuV3s
Logic Pro X 10.15: the size of the plugin view is too big
Be sure to use the last version of FAC AuV3s (Fix UI wrong size issue in Logic Pro X 10.5.0)
WARNING: In Logic Pro X it's still possible to resize the plugin view but the view does not fit properly.
Leave the size scale to 100%. FAC AuV3s (on macOS) are fixed size plugins.
Hosting AU: missing plugin view
There is a bug in Hosting AU regarding the view management of AuV3s since macOS Catalina (Reported to JUX)
The view may not be visible: close the plugin and load it again. Occurs only with AuV3 plugins: FAC, Tonebridge Guitar...
FAC Plugins are Audio Unit Extension, or AuV3. It's the evolution of the Audio Units V2, presented by Apple at #WWDC15 and aim to be used on iOS, tvOS, and macOS by host apps and distributed via the App Store.